19 April 2012

My first spinner card!

My very first spinner card - how exciting!  In fact, I was quite ridiculously excited when I finished it and found out that it actually worked!!  My heart was pounding and I was immensely proud of myself!  I won't lie, yes the card might look super simple, but it did take me a while to figure out.  I followed a great set of instructions from Splitcoaststampers, however, they used American coins so I found out that there is a bit of a difference in size between our Australian 5 cent piece and their coin that they use.  Anyway, after a bit of extra cutting and fiddling I figured it out...and now I can't stop playing with the card!  I will probably wreck the card by spinning it too much before I give it to someone for their birthday!

Here are some little pics to demonstrate how the little bird spins around from one end to the other end of the card (and quite surprisingly, he spins rather fast and twirls around a lot!)







Oh the possibilities!!  I am excitedly thinking of all sorts of creatures and things that could spin and twirl on cards.  I can feel that my next few blog posts may be a bit 'spinner-card-heavy'!  (....thinking astronauts twirling in space; cars racing along a road; train tooting along a train track; butterflies and bees....)

Anyway, I made this card to enter into a couple of challenges.  I have never entered these challenges before but they look great so I thought I would have a go.

Die Cuttin Divas - Challenge #61 Garden Theme.  Nothing quite says garden like birds and flowers!  I cut the twirling bird and his birdhouse from the Create a Critter cartridge.  The little bird is only 1.5 inches.
Paper Playtime - Challenge #76 Birthday card with sentiment.

What a lot of fun this card was to make!  I love making new types of cards and I think they would make excellent cards for little kids - quite a novelty!

On another rather exciting note, I have been published for the very first time!  The latest Australian Scrapbooking Memories magazine went on sale yesterday (Vol 14 no7) and one of my double page layouts was in their 'digital gallery' on page 51.  What a buzz!

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. You're spinner card looks great, you did a fine job here.
    Thanks for joining us at DCD this week.
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute! Congrats on your spinner card, and thanks for sharing at Die Cuttin' Divas this week--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! I just love spinner cards!
    Thanks for playing along with the Die Cuttin' Divas this week!
    Candy
    http://candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete