21 April 2012

Astronaut Spinner card



The new challenge at Peachy Keen stamps is a colour inspiration challenge.  I knew exactly what to do as soon as I saw those colours - an astronaut slider card!  I love bright colours and this colour combo was perfect for this card.  Bright red, orange, yellow, blue and green - LOVE IT!

I used the Everyday Faces peachy keen stamp for his face - I use these stamps all the time.  They are my go-to stamps!

I have attempted a very short video (a whole 4 seconds!) to show you how the card works, however, our terrible internet connection drops in and out so it may mean that it doesn't work - but I have tried! My very obliging 5 year old held the card and made it spin for me - he thinks it's the most wonderful thing ever!  As for the video being in black and white...no it's not a creative feature that I thought would be effective, just my boys using my camera and accidentally fiddling with the settings...and I don't know how to change it back!

Hope it works!

Thanks for looking!


10 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Thanks for posting the video... to see it in action fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing your creation with Peachy Keen's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute !!!! LOVE the spinner LOL !!! very imaginitive using the little space man ! lol ! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Peachy Keen this week !!!

    Michelle- DT
    www.scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the spinner card super cute!!! I haven't ever made one yet but may give it a try TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card!I need to give this technique a try! TFS
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! What a fun idea! Thanks so much for joining us at Peachy Keen this week!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How incredibly adorable!! I Love the background paper with the paper doll!! Thanks For Playing with us @ PKS!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. A-DOR-ABLE!!!! I love the spinning astronaut! What an AWESOME idea! IT turned out perfect! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! Congrats! I'm a new follower.
    Jaren
    Purpleparadisecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card Carla, perfect idea using an astronaut, I agree with your son, it is the most wonderful thing ever, spinner cards are so fun, even for adults, LOL almost as fun as action wobbles, lmbo

    ReplyDelete
  10. whoops sry, I think I forgot to congratulate you on making top 3 at PK, that was my intention, but I got caught up in reading your post, lol anyway Congrats on top 3 peachy partner :)

    ReplyDelete