17 April 2012

Have a roaring good birthday!

I made this birthday card for my nephew who will be turning 3 in a couple of weeks.  The layout of the card was inspired by a card I saw made by Mary from Cardz TV

The lion was cut from the Animal Kingdom cartridge - I have barely used this cartridge and have not touched it since the 'Create a critter' cartridge arrived so it was nice to use an old cartridge again!  The grass was cut on my cuttlebug with a die from 'My Favourite Things'.

I am entering it into 2 challenges:
Peachy Keen Stamps - Anything goes (use Peachy keen stamps).  I stamped the lion's face using the 'Animal faces (small)' stamp set.  Love those stamps, they give a real crisp image.
BBTB2 - Balloon birthday card (My balloons were cut on my cricut using the 'Birthday Bash' cartridge, page 67)

How cute is that face!!  Gotta love those peachy keen stamps!

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

  1. Oh how cute is this! I love the balloons attached to your adorable lion's tail! Thanks so much for joining usat BBTB2
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I say GRRRReat! I love this card...colors are so vibrant and the details are fab. Thanks for joining us this week at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! How bright and fun this is! Perfect for a 3 year old. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card for a little guy! Thanks for linking up on BBTB2! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute cute card... I love all those bright colors, and it is perfect for a 3 year old too.
    Thanks for joining us on BBTB2 balloon challenge.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this is so stinkin' cute!! Love your lion!! Those balloons are wonderful too. Happy birthday to the little man and thank you for sharing with us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute, cute!! Love the fun, bright colors! Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job making this lion special. Thank you so much for posting your card a Peachy Keen's Challenge-

    ReplyDelete
  9. how cute :) your lion is adorable i too havent touched a/kingdom since i got create a critter. a nice reminder the old carts need attention too ;) thanks for sharing with us at bbtb2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Roaringly great job! Come by for a giveaway in honor of my father's 84th birthday!
    http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2012/04/its-giveaway-again-whoopeee.html

    ReplyDelete