1 September 2012

Set of hexagon cards

This is a little set of cards that I have made for my Mum for her 60th birthday.  I have already made her birthday gift (a digital scrapbook album of her life from birth to 60 years - 91 pages in total!!) but she will be receiving that gift at her party which is a week before her actual birthday.  So I thought it would be nice to have something little to give her on her actual birthday so that she doesn't go empty-handed on the real day!

So Mum, if you're reading this, stop reading now please!


 First I made this cute little gift bag for the cards.  I cut the bag on my cricut machine using the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge.  I set it to 'fit to page' and it cut and was so easy to put together...I think it took about 1 minute!

I then measured what size my cards needed to be to fit into the bag (which was 3.5 x 5 inches).  I wished I had a 12x24 inch cricut mat so that I could make this bag a bit bigger...however, the smaller cards are still a nice size.

I cut out a HEAP of hexagons on my cricut machine using the Accent Essential cartridge and then just pieced the cards together.  I popped up the centres of the flowers with a pop dot just to give it a little bit of dimension.  I got the idea for the cards on Pinterest where I saw a very cute hexagon flower card.  Here is the link to the site if you would like to look.  I did a 'hexagon cards' search on pinterest and was blown away by how much inspiration there was!  So many clever people out there!






I tried to make the cards bright and cheerful and to fit a range of purposes.  Mostly I use birthday cards, so I gave half of the cards a birthday sentiment.  I think a set of handmade cards is a nice gift, and once you have an idea, it actually doesn't take too long to make them.

Now, what to do with the other 100 random hexagons that are strewn across the kitchen table????

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Great gift idea! And I'm sure those 100 extras will be used quick smart!

    ReplyDelete