15 September 2012

For the love of Pinterest!

Ahh Pinterest, I tried to avoid you.  I tried to pretend that you didn't exist.  I tried not to think about you.  I tried so hard.  I knew how addictive you would be.  But I have finally succumbed, and oh how I love you!!  So much inspiration to be found.  So much pinning to be done.  So many beautiful card making ideas and craft ideas for my boys.

This post shows a couple of cards that were inspired by things I found on Pinterest.  Well, to be totally honest, they were copied from ideas I found on Pinterest.

The first is a butterfly thank you card that I made.  I copied the idea from here, at a blog called Colorful Om.  I loved the original card as soon as I saw it.  Loved the coloured butterflies and loved the beautifully cut edge of the card.  Plus it was so quick and easy to make.  Would be a great one to make in bulk or to make sets of cards for friends or family.


The second cards were inspired by a very cute caterpillar card I found on Pinterest.  The link to the original card is here.  Her blog can be found here.  Again, the gorgeous bright colours and simple design drew me in straight away.  My boys had a fabulous time making these cards.  Their Nana will be so impressed when she receives these for her upcoming 60th birthday!




My 3 year old declared that his wasn't going to be a caterpillar, it was a worm, but it had to have legs.  No amount of discussion about the body parts of a worm could convince him that worms don't have legs...therefore, we now have a new species of leggy worms!  He also didn't think they required noses or mouths!

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. I love using Pinterest for inspiration! Thanks for the mention and the link. I love your butterfly card. And now I have to go and make a caterpillar card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice comments about my caterpillar card. Your kids did a great job! How much fun is that?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I forgot to say that I LOVE your butterfly card too! I will be caseing that one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to succumb to Pinterest. The clock is ticking, though. It's a struggle every day.

    Love the caterpillars (and the worms). I can't wait to meet a noseless, mouthless, legged worm! x

    ReplyDelete