1 August 2012

Male birthday card

 This is a birthday card that I have made for my 'little' brother (he is younger than me but well over a foot taller!)  I used my new chevron dies from My Favourite Things, which I am in love with at the moment.
I find boys cards so much harder to make than girl cards.  Even a lot of the sentiment stamps that I have are a bit too fancy or 'flourishy' for male cards.  Anyway, I like how this turned out.  I love this sentiment on the card too - a bit of fun!  It's from CC Designs stamps - there are lots of cute little sayings in her sentiment sets.  I like to use bright, bold colours on boys cards.  Looking at this picture, I wish that I had used a brighter patterned paper for the third chevron, it seems to get a bit lost in this photo.
I'm a bit obsessed with sewing on my cards at the moment, so of course I didn't consider that the card was finished until I'd done a couple of laps around the edges of it with the sewing machine.  I would have loved to have done zig zags instead of straight stitch, but once again my sewing machine is not cooperating and has decided that it would rather not do a zig zag.  Sigh!

And here is a close up of the sentiment.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment