23 August 2012

Owl birthday card

I made this card for my girlfriend's birthday in a couple of days.  Super simple.  I really love this owl image from Create a Critter, I use it a lot for birthday cards and thank you cards.  (See my next post for a few more similar cards).

I am entering this in the current Paper Playtime challenge - use polka dots and a sentiment.

I chose red paper with white polka dots for the owl and cute multi-coloured polka dot paper for the background.  I stitched a red border around the patterned paper just to finish it off.  Seems like I can't finish a card anymore unless I've stitched a border around it!  The sentiment is a CC Designs sentiment which I am using all the time at the moment...love this set of stamps.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Great card!!! Love this owl cut, too. The polka dot papers you used are just perfect. Thank you so very much for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete