16 May 2012

Rainbow Happy birthday cards




Some super-simple rainbow Happy birthday cards.  Love the simplicity of them and love that they can be used for male or female and any age.  I wish I could say that I came up with the design idea...but I didn't!  Full credit must go to a card I found here, made by Aga.  I can't remember if I found it on google or pinterest...but this is the link to her flicker account where you can see her card.  Love it!  Thanks for the inspiration!

I had fun playing with my different embossing folders.  For the last two cards I gently rubbed white ink over the embossing to make it stand out, I think I like the effect.  I am a bit disappointed that a couple of my embossing folders are smaller than 6x4 inches, it kind of spoiled the effect of the card to have the white strip along the side.  Oh well, will just have to make a mental note to buy the bigger embossing folders.

The 'Happy' letters were cut using Plantin Schoolbook cricut cartridge.  The 'birthday' stamp is by Kaisercraft.

The cards were nice and quick to make and good ones to make in bulk to keep in my stash.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Love them! Sometimes simple is best.

    And I love your new header, too. Love love love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em! I definitely have been in a 'simple is best' kind of mood with my card making lately.
      Glad you like the header - I love yellow - it's so cheerful!

      Delete