9 November 2011

A very Aussie Christmas card





Here in Australia Christmas is in the middle of Summer and Christmas Day is often very, very hot.  I figured when Santa reached Australia he would probably throw on some swimming togs and have a dip in the beach!  He's lost his hot hat and replaced it with a sun-smart cap, here's hoping he has got lots of sunscreen on!

I have stuck with my accidental 'non-traditional' theme for Christmas cards once again - not because I am super-creative or super-inventive (although I would like to think this was the case!) but simply because I don't have any Christmas papers and I am determined to start using up some of the stuff that I already have.

This card is going overseas to my brother and sister-in-law who moved from Australia to London a couple of years ago.  Now they are experiencing a white Christmas and missing their Aussie Christmas.

I made Santa from the Paper Doll dress up cartridge.  All other accessories were from Everyday Paper Doll cartridge (sun, cap, deck chair and duck floaty).  Stamped sentiment and tiny alpha stickers are from Kaisercraft.  All papers were scraps from my stash (I love that!)

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. I love it its so cute I love the paper doll carts too

    ReplyDelete