30 July 2014

Christmas card no.2


Here is my second card for the Friday Mashup challenge.  I used the same image but this time I had a go at the 'delft tile' technique and really like the effect.  I wasn't happy with the way my sponging turned out on my scrap pieces so I didn't sponge around the edges of each tile.  I like the way it turned out and the tile technique adds an extra bit of interest to the image.

I'm entering this in the Friday Mashup! challenge.


http://www.fridaymashup.com/
 
Thanks for looking!
 
Supplies: 
Stamps:  Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz (Santa); Amy R Stamps (sentiment)

3 comments:

  1. Another great Christmas card, and you did rocked the technique! The sponging was the hardest part for me also, I should have left it off like you did.

    Thanks again for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, I really like how this turned out! It really looks like you have tiles on your card. :) Thanks for joining us this week at the Friday Mashup.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, this is so festive! I love your take on the sketch and the technique is done wonderfully with the Santa. The monochromatic red for Christmas is awesome. Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete