27 November 2012

Distress ink cards

 
Still playing around with my distress inks when I get the chance.  I got my new pink and blue distress inks (worn lipstick and broken china) so they are adding a nice touch of colour to my cards now.  This card was inspired by a Christmas card I saw and loved on this blog
The background was made by sponging on distress inks then spritzing with water.  Once dry I stamped a sheet music stamp in a light yellow/gold colour, then stamped some swirls in sepia ink.  Finally I stamped the butterflies and sentiment in black Staz-on ink.
 


 This second card was inspired by one I saw and loved on Pinterest.  A link to the original card can be seen here.  I copied the colours and stripes of the distress inks.  I then stamped the flower stamp in black ink.  I restamped the flower sections on a scrap of paper that I had covered in 'barn door' distress ink, then fussy cut the flowers and stuck them on the card.  The largest flower was stuck up with pop dots to add some dimension.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment