25 July 2012

Quick and easy cards

I've been lacking a bit of inspiration in the card making department lately.  The creativity is not flowing and my enthusiasm is lacking at the moment.  So I decided to go through my stash and have a bit of a much needed clean up of my supplies.  Boy was I surprised how much paper I have!  I thought I was never going to get it all organised!  I actually really enjoyed looking through all my papers and thinking things like, "Oh yeah, I forgot that I bought that paper" and "Wow, I wonder why I ever bought that paper!"

So it has inspired me to start using my stash and I am going to try and stop buying new papers and embellishments because, well, I just don't need to!  One of my more annoying purchases was a pack of ten cards.  I bought them because they were extra long (210mm) but would still fit in an ordinary envelope and not cost any extra to post.  When I opened the packet I found out that they weren't cards, they were just long strips of card.  So annoyed.  I was going to put them in my boys craft box when I thought that maybe I could still use them.  I folded them to make 4 inch square cards (just trimmed the excess off) and made these super quick cards using scraps from my stash.





All I did was cut squares of scrap patterned paper slightly smaller than 4x4 inches and randomly sew around edges in a contrasting coloured cotton.  I then used pop dots to adhere the images (from Create a critter) which I already had made and sitting in my stash waiting to be used.  Some of the smaller images meant that I had room to stamp a sentiment underneath.  And there you go.  It took no time at all.  Quick and easy and handy to have for birthdays.

Excuse the photos, the lighting was not good and I had two little boys hovering over me and watching and creating shadows on the cards!

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute cards! I like the simplicity of them so that you can use different patterns of paper. I have a lot of pattern paper too, but I tend to stick to bold colors. I should follow what you did instead so I can include all my pretty paper!

    ReplyDelete