13 December 2011

Dear Santa...

My boys wrote letters to Santa the other day.  Their requests are few and very simple.  I helped with most of the writing and my boys loved the decorating.  They just love using my clear stamps and spend ages choosing which stamp to use and then what colour ink they should use.  Decisions, decisions!  The blue squiggly line on Rory's picture is actually "a map to show Santa where to go".  I hope Santa knows how to read that map!

Digital papers and 'Dear Santa' alphabet letters are from: Connie Prince 'Growth Spurt' kit - it's not a Christmas kit but it's so versatile and I thought this red and green worked well to give the page a Christmas feel to it.  I have made so many pages using this kit - love it!

Connie Prince makes the most awesome digital kits.  Her colours are bright and her kits are fun and I am always attracted to her kits!  I just love colour!  You can see her blog here if you are interested in having a look.  She is currently having some great '12 days of Christmas' sales so you should head over for a look and see what bargains you might find!  She also regularly posts freebies on her blog so it's always worth a look.

The Christmas tree and the flourish on this page are from: Shabby Princess 'Holiday Magic'.

And while I'm in a 'let's record my boy's drawings' kind of mood, here is another layout for our Project Life book that shows some more of their recent drawings.


I'm all about 'simple' when it comes to my scrapping.  I like straight lines (most of the time), I like bright, fun colours, and I like the photos to take centre stage.  I am usually a minimalist with embellishing (although I do love looking at other people's work that has lots of layering and embellishments).

Papers on this page are also from Connie Prince 'Growth Spurt' kit.
The 'draw', texta and pencils are from Creashens 'I love colour' kit.  This kit is lots of fun too, with bright colours and cute little embellishments.

I used templates from Deb Fisher 'Squareplaytes' collection.  I have a lot of her templates -  they suit my 'clean and simple' style of scrapping perfectly.  These were purchased from Pickleberrypop.  

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I'll print that map out for Christmas day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Carla :) Thanks so much for inviting me by to visit your blog!! I love that you are showing your boy's artwork off in layouts :) those will be such treasures for years to come & I assure you as they get older you'll get a tear in your eye when you look back at them. It all just goes by so fast and preserving every little thing helps us moms hold onto the memories a little tighter :) These are just adorable pages and I'm honored you used my kits to scrap them!! Keep up the amazing work and thank you for the kind words bout my designs on your blog! Hugs & Merry Christmas to you & yours!

    ReplyDelete