29 September 2011

Some exciting news and a new sketch!

Yay!  I just had a look at the Birthday Sundaes site and was gobsmacked to find that my belated birthday card was one of their featured favourites!  I am so excited, I just cannot believe it!  You can check it out here if you are interested in having a peek!  Thanks so much! 

In other news, I have just finished a card for the Card Patterns Sketch 134.  I think this one will go to my Mum for her birthday (which is today).  It didn't turn out quite how I expected but I am still pretty happy with it anyway.  The ribbon, lace and buttons are from my Nana's stash so that adds a bit of an extra special element to it.  I tell you, I could look through the Card Patterns website for ages, the designers and the followers there make the most beautiful cards.  I have spent quite some time looking at all the gorgeous creations there!
Here is the sketch:


and my  card...

The button flowers are made from different sized circles which I cut on my cricut.  The largest is 1.25 inches and then each smaller circle is a quarter of an inch smaller again.  I inked the outside of the circles then scrunched them all up to give them a bit of a distressed look, then stuck them together.  After sticking them down, I turned the corners up a bit on the circles to give them a bit of dimension.  I just used DMC embroidery floss for the buttons.  Pretty simple really!
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment