27 September 2011

Mojo Monday Challenge 208

I've been finding some great websites with card sketches and challenges on them.  Mojo Monday is one of my latest finds and their current challenge is a sketch where you can choose to do a round or square card.  I usually lean towards clean, straight lines with my scrapping and card-making so it was super tempting to just make the square card - those straight lines are just so appealing to me!  However, I decided to step out of my comfort-zone this time and have a go at the round card and loved the end result!  I had a lot of fun making this card and it was definitely outside of my normal style.  Here are the sketches that were given as inspiration...

...and here is my interpretation of the round sketch:
I love the little butterflies and the lace flower.  The best news of all is that I still have 5 days left to enter it in the challenge! The round card was actually really easy to make.  I just cut two scallop shapes on my cricut machine (4.25 inches with 'real size' dial on Birthday Bash cartridge) then I followed instructions from here to learn how to put it together.  It literally took less than a minute to put together, then all that was left to do was embellish.  Easy!

1 comment:

  1. Loving the blog, Carla. FYI I can't see the first image on this page. Not sure if it's just me or the page, but thought I'd let you know. xo

    ReplyDelete