21 January 2012

Happy Brrrthday

Boy was I stumped with the Birthday Sundaes challenge this week!  I spent most of the week just trying to think up an idea and then (gasp!) thought that I didn't have any snowman images on my cricut cartridges!  Luckily I found one on Stretch your imagination, and even though I don't particularly like this snowman, he was my only option.
This was the challenge at Birthday Sundaes:  
This week's challenge is to create a birthday card using the following picture as inspiration. We've added a new twist to our inspiration pictures this term and will require one visible element from the picture. So your birthday cards must have a SNOWMAN on it. 

I used the sketch from CPS for the layout of my card. 
 

I had to really scrounge through my papers to find anything 'cold' looking for my card.  I am used to using bright colours and as we don't get any snow here at all I pretty much had nothing 'snowy' to use. I ended up using Kaisercraft 'Konstruct' papers (the ones that didn't have construction images on them).

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I was going to enter this challenge but haven't got around to it yet. Your card looks "cool" and the snowman is very cute, great take on the sketch, love the purple bow
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snowman challenge was tough for me too. You did great and I love how you used the sketch. The papers you found are perfect. So glad that you completed this challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at Birthday Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete